Many investors are lured by the potential of initial public offerings. But before putting a penny into these volatile and exciting opportunities, you should do some research. Here are a few places to start your homework.
- The Motley Fool has an excellent three-part general information article about IPOs.
- Hoover’s Online IPO Central provides a wide range of information about IPOs. It has sections on IPO filings, an IPO calendar, IPO performance, an IPO scorecard, IPO update, and an IPO list.
- CBS MarketWatch offers up-to-date stats on IPO filings, prices, and other information.
- EDGAROnline has an IPO portal that provides information on IPOs.
- The New York Stock Exchange Web site has an online IPO Showcase sorted by year. You can also find information on IPOs at the NYSE Web site by entering “IPOs” in the search box at the top right of the NYSE Web site.
- CNN Money offers an IPO Center with articles, analysis, and statistics.