Aaah, recycling! Within a generation we have forgotten this amazing valuable, ecologically sound and cost-saving practice.
Lets look around the office, so many things can be recycled:
Recycle envelopes for internal circulation and buy envelope reuse labels, these can be purchased complete with company logos printed
1. Using re-useable items rather than disposable, such as china cups, metal cutlery, propelling pencils, refillable pens
2. Turn scrap paper into notepads
3. Use both sides of paper when photocopying or producing reports
4. Specify products with a recycled or reconditioned content such as wooden furniture and other timber products this may include purchasing goods from certified, sustainable sources
5. Avoid buying disposable products and aerosols
6. Use refillable pens and highlighters
7. Share items in occasional use, eg. highlighters & hole punchers
8. Most councils, districts, regions etc have recycling services. If yours doesn’t perhaps it can be lobbied or petitioned?
9. Put recycling bins in easy to access locations in the office so everyone has access to the recycling bins. Or put one at each desk for better convenience.
10. Label bins so people know what is for recycling and what is not.
11. Create a competition for the best recycling ideas in the office.
‘A water tank in every yard, solar panels on every roof.’