Find yourself spending too much time on projects such as email management, invoice processing, rather than focusing on running your company? Don’t worry, you’re not the only one in this boat!
Because of this problem, there’s a growing need for business professionals to hire virtual assistants to help manage their office tasks. As you already may know, in order sustain growth and avoid burnout, office tasks must be delegated. Virtual Assistants also known as VAs independent contractors provide administrative support for a handful of clients. VAs perform such tasks so that you can focus on running your company.
For the entrepreneur working from their home office, lacking equipment and space, a virtual assistant is the perfect fit. Perhaps, you’re the executive on the go that spends up to three hours daily checking and sorting out email. VAs perform tasks ranging invoice processing to email management to social media marketing.
For those considering outsourcing office tasks, I’ve listed some FAQs (asked by several business owners and C-level execs) so that you can find the best VA for your business.
Why would I hire a VA?
- VAs provides business support so that you can focus your energies and time on running your business!
- Less stress-You will be working with another set of professional set of eyes that can catch likely errors and improve presentations, marketing, and correspondences.
- VAs are a convenient alternative to having an in-house employee.
- (Yes, you can continue to work in your exercise clothes!)
Why would I work with a VA vs. an in-house employee?
There are a number of reasons why people work with VAs (here’s a few):
- Lack of equipment needed for someone else to use
- Lack of desire to purchase or lease equipment
- Lack of space for an in-house employee
- Lack of desire to hire an in-house employee
- Lack of desire to pay for employee benefits, payroll, etc.
- Lack of desire to pay for firing an employee
Who typically works with a VA?
VAs works with an array of successful professionals such as: consultants, real estate agents, executives, speakers –anyone who wants to create a more balanced professional lifestyle.
What type of services does a VA offer?
VAs offers a number of administrative services:
- Email Management
- Website Management
- Appointment Scheduling
- Social Media Marketing
- Internet Research
- Travel Itinerary Management
- Business Correspondences
- Office Forms Creation
- PowerPoint Presentation Creation, to name a few.
Who works best with VAs?
People who work best with VAs are:
- People who value business relationships
- People who are internet savvy
- People who have big goals
- People who can effectively communicate their needs
- People who are focused & organized
- People who can delegate effectively
- People who are trusting
- People who do not micromanage
- People who do not procrastinate, then rush to the deadline
How do I make sure I hire the best VA for me?
- Create a job description
- Write out your wish list – what personal qualities would a VA possess.
- Check their professional references.
- Issues always boil down to communication – make sure that you communicate with your virtual assistant.
- Have realistic expectations – set very specific goals for a specific timeframe.
How do I hire a VA?
- The VA sets up a conference call to discuss needs and package plan that works best for the client
- VA sends a proposal describing the needs of the clients disclosed in the conference call
- Client approves proposal (if changes needs to be made –proposal is revised)
- VA sends final letter of agreement for Client’s signature
- VA sends Client’s invoice
- Client sends VA tasks to compete
About the Author: Priscilla Walker is the president and CEO of Your Dependable VA, Inc., a virtual assistance company. Your Dependable VA provides professional administrative and social media marketing assistance to small businesses. We offer business support so that business owners can free up their time and energy to focus on running their company without getting burned out.
Find Your Dependable VA on Twitter @YDVA and Facebook Fan Us!