As The Blog Squad, we joke that we roam through the Blogosphere
looking for great business blogs, and swoop down and do an extreme
blog makeover whenever we see a boring blog.
we see going on in the Blogosphere is:
- Many business blogs are languishing
- Some haven’t been posted on in weeks or months
- Some are all over the map with their content
And it gets worse! Here’s a common mistake we see being committed on business blogs. We see blogs that have:
Little or poor brand recognition
Here’s what we mean by that; When visitors land on your blog, in a blink of the eye, they should know:
- Who the blog is for
- What the blog is about
- Why they should stick around and read your content
- Why they should subscribe
- Who you are and why they should believe what you have to say
Without following best practices that address these points, a business blog is:
- Confusing for the reader
- Not building a list of interested prospects
- Not getting any interaction with readers/visitors/potential clients
- Not converting readers to clients
These are common mistakes. We see these errors on blogs all the
time. We see these common mistakes on blogs written by some
very intelligent and smart professionals who are very good at what they
do, in their fields.
They just haven’t understood and mastered business blogging yet.
Perhaps some of you reading this might be experiencing a few of these
problems on your own blogs.
I want you to know, if that’s the case, you aren’t alone. These are actually quite common challenges.
I believe that part of the reason we have been so effective with our online visibility is that we have a good brand.
The image of two professional women who have teamed up as The Blog Squad
is a good representation of our personalities and values. We mean
business and we don’t mess around when it comes to blog improvement and
online marketing for our clients.
But even without a clever name, you must have good branding and it must be evident on your blog and social media sites.
Next: We’ll give you some tips on how to have a well-branded blog.