Yesterday (Almost Halloween Means It’s Time for Christmas), we began reviewing a white paper published by SmartReply, a company specializing in voice and mobile marketing. Among many suggestions for reaching today’s consumers, SmartReply recommends an opt-in database — in other words, a database of customers who have told you they want to receive messages from you.
Once you get such a database, what do you do with it? SmartReply — no surprise — has a few ideas. Some are so simple you might have skipped them, so here they are. Help your customers:
- Find the nearest store location when they’re ready to make a purchase.
- By giving them unique offers that fit their interests (which they’ve told you about) and lifestyles (Yep, they told you that, too.) and which can’t be duplicated elsewhere.
- By letting them know about your exclusive weekend event.
- By reminding them that their coupon or special offer will expire soon.
- By notifying them when a new shipment of their favorite merchandise arrives.
- By asking for their feedback (and thereby showing them you value their opinions).
By doing these things, according to SmartReply, you gain the trust and respect of your customers. Cool.