Well, it is about time! Yale has announced that it is totally redesigning its MBA program to be more systemic and integrative. Based on what I have read so far, the changes look great. I hope this is like the $4 prescriptions at WalMart and that other schools will soon follow suit and redesign their programs.
I don’t know enough to render an opinion on whether the topics and types of experiences will be successful, but the design diagram and basic description look interesting.
What do you think? Would you be any more or less likely to apply for a highly integrative program like this one?
My hopes for the new program:
- Builds courage
- Builds connection – students’ abilities to build deep intimate business relationships
- Builds catalystic thinking, flow, and play
- Builds character and a deeper caring for people and business
- Builds the focus and drive to execute
- Builds nimbleness and an ability to lead change
- Builds passion
(Hat Tip to the Fortune Business Innovator blog.)