Fellow blogger Glenn Ross, who writes the Customer Service Experience blog for allbusiness.com, started some Internet conversation a few weeks ago about the value of blogs to business owners.
On February 12, he posted the blog: "12 Topics You Could Blog on If You Owned a Jewelry Store."
And so, thanks to Glenn’s initiative, this week in Retail Strategies, we’ll list some topics retail store owners could write about in blogs. Please feel free to join in and make your own suggestions.
Five Blogging Topics for Owners of Retail Clothing Stores:
1. Cotton. Post a blog explaining the various cotton fabrics available: oxford, poplin, piqué, twill, chambray, etc.
2. Style. Post a blog about the “in” looks for the current season. Crop pants with tank tops, perhaps? Or pastels? Long, flowing skirts?
3. Accessories. Make suggestions about bracelets, necklaces, pins, earrings best worn with items in your store.
4. Color. Educate your customers about new color combinations.
5. Packing. Provide tips on how to pack for vacation or how to get three looks from one basic outfit.
Tomorrow: Blogging suggestions for electronics stores