The Alchemy of Soulful Work offers this post called, Less Can Be More, which refers to a Center for Creative Leadership article on work/life balance. Some really great tips!
“Less Can Be More
Don’t assume that putting in fewer hours on the job will cause your work to suffer. In fact, time and energy spent off-the-job can enhance your productivity and your capacity to deal with work challenges.”
I have written often about my belief that people who work too many hours may not be getting much more done than their peers who know how to be optimally productive in fewer hours.
Here’s a few questions to consider about work/life balance:
1. Are you meeting your goals at work? Why/why not?
2. Are you meeting your goals for personal growth? Are you spending adequate quality time with your family and friends? Why/why not?
3. Are you having fun? Why/why not? What is fun?
4. At the end of each week, are you filled with regret about what did not accomplish?
5. Fast forward for a minute. If you were in the hospital, dying, would you be satisfied with how you have spent your time?
Adjust as needed….