Many of you know I wrote a book a number of years ago called “The Girls’ Guide to Power and Success.” One of the chapters focused on the power of speech and how important is for women to speak with authority and not to project insecurity through ineffective speech patterns.
My friend and expert speech strategist, Diane DiResta, is now offering a special speaking skills program for women. It’s called “Speaking Skills for Women in Tough Economic Times.” The program is rich in content and practical tips you can put to work immediately in your business.
“For several years people have asked me for a special speaking skills program for women because women have different issues than men,” Diane said. “I’ve seen women hold themselves back because they lacked the confidence or skills to present themselves with conviction, clarity and confidence.”
Diane recognizes in tough economic times, what separates you from the competition is your abiity to stand out from the crowd and the ability to present yourself and your business is a key ingrediant for success.
The program is being held from 8:00 a.m. to Noon on Thursday, May 7, 2009 at TD Bank, 2 Wall Street, NYC, in the 3rd floor conference room. For more information or to registration for the event click here.
Here’s what you’ll learn in the program:
* Command a room before you ever open your mouth
• Convert nervousness into dynamic energy
• Identify what confidence looks like, sounds like, and how to speak the language of confidence
• Project executive presence
• Avoid the top communication mistakes women make
• Change your negative beliefs about speaking
• Hook your audience in the first 10 seconds
• Speak with authority and get rid of up talk
• How to dress for a presentation
• Increase your persuasiveness
• Get to the point and stick to it
If you can’t attend this event, check out Diane’s featured advisor programs on SBTV.com.