Just about everywhere you look these days you can find a business that gets zapped for poor customer service. It might even be in your neighborhood. Or – gasp – it might even be your business and you’re clueless.
Take a simple step in the right direction by having a mystery shopper visit your business and give you a feedback report. Consultants who can help you improve the customer service in your business are plentiful, but you “gotta wanna” make a change before anyone can help you change your business.
So start small. Read a book and put one suggestion into action (then another and another). Here’s a list of the Top Five results for Customer Service books at amazon.com. Pick one that suits your fancy and put it to work in your business.
- Customer Service Training 101: Quick And Easy Techniques That Get Great Results
- The Big Book of Customer Service Training Games
- Super Service: Seven Keys to Delivering Great Customer Service…Even When You Don’t Feel Like It!…Even When They Don’t Deserve It!
- Customer Service: Career Success Through Customer Loyalty (4th Edition)
- Exceptional Customer Service: Going Beyond Your Good Service to Exceed the Customer’s Expectation
Have you read any of these books? And taking it one step further, have you implemented any of the ideas? Or do you have better ideas for great customer service? Tell me about it by leaving a comment.