That’s the question Duluth Trading is asking shoppers in its Web site contest, which will net the winner a $100 gift card. Duluth Trading gives a new clue each Wednesday. And it provides a rundown of all suspects.
Clue No. 1: Polar police found a can of WD-40 outside Santa’s bedroom window the morning his suspenders disappeared.
Clue No. 2: When Santa got out of bed the morning of the infamous theft, he slipped on a big puddle of melted snow.
Clue No. 3. Mrs. Claus wrinkled her nose when she got up the morning Santa’s suspenders disappeared. There was a pile of reindeer poo in the hallway right outside the bedroom.
The suspects are Trixen the reindeer, Drifty the snowman, Tinker the tool elf and Jack Frost.
In another bit of interactive shopping, Duluth Trading provides its list Top 10 Gifts list on its home page. Both the contest and the list are clever ways to keep shoppers on the Duluth Trading site for a while.
Oh, OK, here is the Top 10 list:
1. Crack Spackle Tee — a t-shirt that comes in a spackling container
2. Twill Presentation Jacket — a business casual sports coat
3. Winterproof Work Gloves — safe and warm
4. Flannel Shirt — ooh, feels good
5. Seat Saver — for your dog
6. Grab Jacket — grab it and go
7. Denim Stocking — for real guys to hang by the fireplace on Christmas Eve
8. Side Clip Suspenders — sort of like a shoulder holster without the gun
9. Souped Up Sweats — fleecy and functional
10. Fully Evolved Briefcase — rugged, lots of pockets, room for your water bottle, too
I must say here that Duluth Trading deserves credit for choosing fun and unique names for its merchandise, too.
One important rule of good shopping: Make it fun.