Can I get your opinion? I have listed several book ideas below. Please vote for the one or two that interest you the most by leaving me a note in the comments or sending me an email. I am also interested other suggestions. Thanks so much!
I have told you about the New Mexico travelogue I plan to write, but I am also ready to begin my next business book.
1. Leadership Secrets of Top European companies: I would study and interview leaders from 25 great companies across Europe. I would glean the 10-15 top lessons that American managers could learn from their European counterparts.
2. Focused and Unstoppable: How to Get More of the Right Work Done. I have created a model that can help people improve their results.
3. Two Weeks to a Breakthrough in Results: How to turn results around fast (personal effectiveness). I will guide managers and leaders through a 2 week process for reinventing their work and results. Readers who take the coaching will experience significant forward movement of their personal goals.
4. The Book of Great Questions for Leaders. In this book, I will offer through provoking, breakthrough producing questions leaders (or teams) can use in a variety of situations including meetings, problem solving, interviewing, idea generation, and coaching.
5. Confessions of the Corporate Fly on the Wall. I will collect and share the most fascinating, funny, and pathetic stories about corporate life from those who have been there. Kind of like the Darwin Awards put in a business setting. I will group the stories and offer observations (some sarcastic) about what to do and not to do.
6. "Animated Jim." No matter what your style and natural behavioral tendencies, this book is about how to be fully expressed. How to recognize when your are curtailing yourself. How to be more animated, in your own way.
7. Straight Talk with Employees. Techniques for being open and candid in ways that improve performance AND relationships.
8. How did they do it? Success strategies of the top turnarounds stories. How do companies go from blah to blazing (or pre-bankrupt to rolling in the dough). What decisions made the greatest difference? How did they implement their plan? What actions saved their bacon? Would they do it differently if they had to do it over again?
9. Small Big Companies. How to make big companies feel small.
10. Ten Changes. The ten things managers can change that make the greatest difference.
11. How to Retreat. Tips and techniques about how to recharge and retreat. How to recognize and beat down burn out.
12. The Small Business Leader´s Management Handbook. Management and leadership techniques and practices specifically for small business leaders.
13. The Best of Change Management. A collection of the best thinking about how to implement change. How to beat resistance. How to manage teams so that they are more nimble and flexible.
14. A biography of a great business person (please nominate someone you admire).
15. Cheap Retreats. Fabulous and affordable retreats revealed.
16. Your idea here.