For those of you who say:
- I don’t have time to thoroughly prepare for my sales presentation.
- I don’t have time to think about possible objections or concerns my customer may raise.
- I don’t have time to check back with the customer on a regular basis.
- I don’t have time to spend extra time with the customer in order to build a more effective relationship.
- I don’t have time to smile and greet each customer as they walk into my store.
- I don’t have time to find out what my customers other needs are so that I can cross-sell or up-sell.
- I don’t have time to enter data into our customer relationship management software.
- I don’t have time to take a course or read a book to improve my professional skills.
- I don’t have time to write a thank you note.
I’ll let you in on a secret.
“Time” has nothing to do with it. You have the same amount of time in the day as the star performers in your organization.
Banish the words, “Time Management” from your vocabulary. Quit whining about a lack of time.
The term you’re looking for is “Priority Management.”
Learn what is important from your star performers and yes, from reading books and other sources.
What’s that? You don’t have time?