Starting a business is part of the American Dream. The nationwide “Just Start” survey by Intuit, the maker of QuickBooks Simple Start accounting software for small businesses, polled Americans and found some interesting findings.
I want to love what I do
- 84 percent of Americans think that if they started their own business, they would be more passionate about their work.
- 81 percent of Americans think owning a business is more empowering than a “regular” job.
- 67 percent of Americans contemplate resigning from their job on a regular basis.
- 38 percent of Americans regret not starting their own business.
I’m the Boss of Me
- 72 percent of Americans dream of starting their own business.
- 57 percent of Americans are passionate enough about a hobby to turn it into a business.
Why they’d start their own business:
- Want to love what they do – 40 percent.
- Want to be their own boss – 24 percent.
- Want to have a more flexible schedule – 21 percent.
- – Want to spend more time with family – 15 percent.
What I need to take the next step
- 78 percent of Americans say they would develop a business plan first if they started their own business.
- Over half of Americans feel the biggest hurdle to starting their own business is the fear they won’t make enough money.
- 41 percent of Americans believe passion is the main ingredient for starting a business.
So how about you? Are you ready to “just start?” Turn up your speakers and learn more by watching this video. Then head on over to www.iwilljuststart.com to learn more about an opportunity to enter and win the Intuit “Just Start” contest.
About the Survey: This survey was administered for Intuit by Decipher, an independent market research firm. It was conducted online, surveying 1,000 adults between the ages of 18 and 55, with the majority fully employed and not owning their own business.