Use these tips to create a strong, dynamic résumé:
- Use active language and strong, energetic words in your résumé.
- Avoid the use of personal pronouns such as “I” and “me.”
- Steer clear of buzzwords, acronyms, and industry-specific jargon.
- Avoid the use of phrases such as “responsibilities included” or “duties included.” Employers want to hear about your accomplishments, not how well you carried out your assigned duties.
- Begin your résumé with a specific, highly condensed summary of your professional background, skills, and attributes.