We’ve all done it: arrived at our destination only to find that we forgot our socks/underwear/toothbrush/itinerary/etc. It’s a universal but completely frustrating experience — not to mention a giant waster of time and money when you have to scramble to replace whatever it is you forgot.
I have compiled a checklist of things to remember when flying for business (or pleasure) in order to help you remember all of those little things you’ll need.
- Identification, such as a government issued driver’s license or passport
- Directions to your arrival destination, e.g. your hotel
- Hand lotion to combat the dry air of planes
- Snacks to boost your energy levels
- A just-in-case, extra change of clothes
- Laptop, with power adaptor and extra battery, zip drive and memory stick
- Travel case for your laptop
- Lots of extra business cards (You never know who you’ll meet!)
- A hard copy of all of the contact information for all of your clients or associates, including their staff
- Pens and paper