A month or so ago I mentioned that I finally started using Twitter
and that it was sucking me in. I’m not as addicted as I was at that
moment but I do realize it’s a valuable tool and connect at least once
a day if not more.
What makes Twitter valuable you ask?
- Push out your blog posts to all your followers with twitterfeed.com
- Let your followers know what you’re doing/working on by updating your status. Use ping.fm to update the status on all your social networking sites
- Build relationships with influencers in your niche by following them and responding to their tweets
- Maintain your visibility with your customers and clients by inviting them to follow you
- Send links to press releases, important blog posts, videos, etc.
- It’s a quick, efficient way to connect
- Get rapid feedback on surveys or a problem you need solved
There’s a lot more. This is just the tip of the iceberg. And there
are a ton of new applications being developed for Twitter. Here are a
few links among thousands that can help you get started and gain an
understanding of why you may want to jump on this microblogging trend.
Lynn Terry: 5 Ways To Build Your Following @Twitter.com
From Marketing Sherpa:
Get Famous Using Twitter to Market Your Company & Yourself