If you have a long-term illness or chronic condition, there are a few things you can do if you are going traveling:
– Find out if there are doctors in the area you are visiting who speak your language.
– Carry repeat prescriptions of medication in hand luggage and a letter from your doctor.
– A doctor´s authority may also be required to carry needles or drugs.
– Take more medication than you think you will need, you never know if you will be delayed, lose your luggage or your condition changes.
– It may be useful to see your health specialist or doctor before you leave. Ask them to make a note describing your condition and medication needs.
– Contact the relevant embassy about taking medication into their country, there are some governments who have restrictions on such things.