I love these little snapshots of how we’re coping with the recession.
Conde Nast Portfolio recently ran a sidebar of how its readers are cutting back, or planning on cutting back in the coming year.
A few outtakes:
- Nearly 1 in 3 is going to stop eating out – no wonder I can get a reservation at any restaurant and any time.
- 1 in 12 will no longer buy lattes meaning shorter lines at your corner Starbucks
- 1 in 10 is canceling a vacation, dooming the hospitality industry
- 1 in 20 is canceling a gym membership — there goes the stress reducer
- 1 in 100 will stop coloring their hair, keeping the entire beauty industry on the up and up
See the entire list of items here.