As new blogs are created each year, most go largely unnoticed, but some rise to the top and guide us in our sales work. Here are eight sales blogs from a top 50 list that you should read.
Invesp’s Top 50 Sales Blogs are ranked by more than 20 factors, such as readership, incoming links, Compete.com analysis of Web user behavior, and popularity at social media sites. Here is a sampling from the e-commerce company’s list:
- ChangingMinds.org is about the art of persuasion. This site has more than 3,500 pages of content related to the sales process. It is loaded with ideas and insights from theory to practice.
- Sales Machine by Geoffrey James at BNET offers tactics, strategies, and interviews with well-known sales experts and motivational speakers, including Chris Gardner (the author of Pursuit of Happyness) and Jay Leno.
- B2B Lead Generation Blog is one of the early players in the sales blog arena. Brian Carroll, author of Lead Generation for the Complex Sale, runs it and shares how to generate leads.
- Medical Sales Recruiter, as the name implies, is a blog focused on medical sales representatives. It offers best practices, tips, and other ideas for finding the ideal medical sales job.
- Online Marketing Management Strategy by David Dalka is mostly about online marketing but has a sales perspective. Readers learn about Web site conversion, search engine optimization, and tactical things you can do to get customers to engage with your brand.
- Jonathan Farrington’s Blog shares ideas for creating optimal sales performance and principles of selling. Paris-based Farrington is globally known as a coach, mentor, and sales strategist.
- Garth’s World, by Garth Moulton, a co-founder of Jigsaw, a business contact information site, is filled with often irreverent but solid advice and ideas for pricing, persistence, and a professional, energetic sales attitude.
- Business Sales Tips for Introverts and Shy is a terrific one if you struggle with shyness. It has a good niche focus, and while it may seem unlikely that a salesperson is an introvert, there must be more than a few because this is a popular blog.
The list of Top 50 Sales Blogs changes regularly at Invesp and provides plenty of reading to help you improve your sales. You may find blogs in other categories and industries useful as well.
TJ McCue is the founder of the Sales Rescue Team. He can be found on Twitter, where he just published the Top 100 Small Business Twitter List (based on Invesp’s Blogrank).