The biggest things trendhunter.com focused on are:
- Pop up stores and stores made of interesting materials
- Unique online presentation ideas
As small retailers, we often don’t have the expertise and the budgets to make things like this happen. But I believe inspiration comes in many forms, and from many different places.
THE REAL WORLD RETAILING TAKEAWAY
Sometimes a slice of an idea is all you need.
While some of these grand ideas aren’t implementable, perhaps there’s a piece, a slice which is relevant to your business.
- You don’t have to build a whole store of cardboard, but how do you begin utilizing sustainable materials in displays and fixtures? You could simply have a feature table that uses all recyclable materials and display your products in and about the materials, creating an eco-mountain that not only draws attention but makes a statement about you and your store.
- I loved the online bookstore, which presented books in a virtual environment as you would find in a store. How can you translate your online presence to more closely mimic your store experience and differentiate yourself from your competition?
- Interactivity is what makes shopping retail-tainment – it’s more than just walking in and looking at products, it’s engaging in a way that’s altogether different. You don’t need mixed media to make an experience retail-tainment, it’s all in how you merchandise your store. Make it so customers want to be a kid in a candy store.
Grab a slice of an idea wherever you find it and do something with it – your employees will love being part of creating your own version of retail-tainment.