A company’s web site is a critical sales tool, but the problem we have is finding out who is visiting our site. We view our web site as a sales person and set a sales quota for it. While our site allows customers to buy without contacting us, that’s rarely the case. Most of our customers want help determining which services are right for them. The challenge is most businesses that visit our site don’t call or fill out the contact us page. That’s common for most web sites especially for companies that are building a brand as we are. The problem is identifying companies that visit the site and view several pages but don’t call. Until recently, we used a free analytics tool and received very little useful information. The tool offers a tremendous amount of statistics, but it is at a macro level which is basically useless.
We just started using a new tool from a company called netfactor. The tool, VisitorTrack, allows us to see which companies are visiting our site and which pages these companies are viewing. The assumption is companies that view numerous pages are interested in our services and a business we should contact. The tool also shows you the pages these companies visited allowing us to contact them and ask more precise questions. It would be fantastic if the reports indicated the person that was reviewing our services. It does the next best thing. The tool is integrated with Jigsaw allowing us to get contact information for individuals likely to purchase our service. Here are some of the key features.
- Visitor Data – collected in real time, without registration
- Web Access – Log on, see who is on your site now
- Who Is Visiting – Organization Name, Address, Phone LookUp, Website
- Advanced Filtering – All records are processed using our advanced filtering to remove inactionable records
- How They Came – Identify Keywords, referring search engine, landing page
- Direct Hits – Visitors entering direct to home page indicated
- Contacts LookUp – Identify specific Executives and Contacts, Phone Numbers, eMail Addresses
- Behavioral Tracking – determines interest levels through behavior across all visits
- HotLeads – Pinpoint those companies most interested
- Instant eMail Alerts – Automatically receive eMails on those Visitors meeting your criteria
- Visit Detail – See comprehensive path of all pages visited, time, and length
- User Defined Alerts – Customize alerts for Customers, Prospects, Competitors, and more
- Automated Reports – define a view and set reports for automated email delivery
- Affordable – Most clients see a low cost-per-lead measured in pennies to a few dollars
- CRM Integration – Export the data you need in a report format, or for CRM integration
We’re still learning how to best utilize the tool, but it solves a huge problem for us and wanted to share this tool with other people that have the same problem – finding out who is visiting your site.