With today’s tricky and troublesome economy, AAA Travel has issued “The Great Eight” tips for travel. According to AAA Vice President, this faltering economy has its silver lining among the road warriors, tourists, and travel enthusiasts. Between great deals and added perks, the time may be right to hit the road. But you’ve got to know where to look and how to proceed.
I’ve taken the liberty of summarizing and bare boning these great eight tips. For the complete story, click here. For my break down, keep reading.
8 (Great!) Travel Tips for Today’s Economy:
- Look for Travel Extras: Get the most for your travel bucks by looking, not for the cheapest deal, but the deal that offers the most for the least amount. Some travel providers offer gas cards, extra nights at a hotel, upgrades, etc.
- Be opportunistic: Last minute deals are often the best. So be ready to take off at the drop of a hat, just in case that too-good-to-pass-up trip comes along.
- Maximize the Value of the Challenged U.S. Dollar: Cruises are great options for our falling currency as costs are paid in advance with US dollars.
- Buy a Package Deal: That’s it. Package deals are easy and inexpensive.
- Time Your Trip Right: Peak travel times are pricey. Avoid them.
- Purchase Third Party Trip Insurance: This is just smart, because you never know what life will throw your way.
- Buy from Reputable Brands: If you’ve never heard of them before and their deal is too good to be true, well, you know the rest.
- Find Trips that Deliver on ‘Connectedness’: Visit family and friends. They have a bed for you. You love them; it’ll be great.