I will be taking the long holiday off. Yes, OFF. It is weird even hearing myself think this, because, as a self-employed person (and one who took on too many projects recently), I have not taken enough time off.
I bet many of you are in the same boat.
If you have the thanksgiving holiday off, take the opportunity to recharge. Even if you don’t observe Thanksgiving, take the time you have available to recharge. Here are a few of my personal goals for this recharge:
1. I won’t do anything I don’t want to do. When it comes to chores, I adopt a mindset that it is a joy to have the time to do this upkeep and enjoy it.
2. I play every day. I do something creative. Today I started things off by making a nice wreath for the front of the house using aromatic cedar, juniper berries, and pine cones.
3. I get active every day. I want to feel good.
4. I allow myself small indulgences. And I see them as wonderful indulgences. I am not talking a shopping spree here, it could be a big cup of fancy tea, or small piece of exquisite chocolate, or an obscure foreign film.
5. I talk to, like real conversations, with my husband and others I encounter.
6. I hug my pets and see them for the wonderful partners they are.
7. I improve something – a room, the look of the table, the my space to relax.
8. I take time to read, perhaps light a fire in the fireplace, and be still.
9. I take stock in my life and adopt an abundance mentality. If feelings of worry, concern, or scarcity creep in, quickly get rid of them.
10. I think about my hopes and dreams and allow myself to get recommitted to and excited about them.
That’s my agenda for the weekend. Perhaps my list will give you a few ideas? Thanks for reading my blog and I will see you again on Monday.