You have heard about REDUCE REUSE RECYCLE. This week we look at easy ways to put these three simple yet effective words into practice in your office and business.
Don’t believe the marketing hype – buying this or that will not make you a better person, more attractive, happier or less-stressed – these things all come from within not without.
– We are great at using something new each time, lets become great at using the same thing a number of times.
– Waste and pollution occurs at all stages of the product lifecycle, reducing consumption is the first step in preventing waste and pollution.
Ask yourself, do you really need this or want this?
– Buy products that are durable, will last and can be recycled.
– Does the product have another function or can it be passed on to someone or somewhere else?
– Does it have reduced packaging that does not involve dyes, bleaches, chlorines and other environmentally destructive wrappings?
– Has the product traveled hundreds or thousands or miles to get to you, polluting the world on its way?
– An bonus from all this will be a simpler, less-cluttered office!
‘A water tank in every yard, solar panels on every roof.’