Many people find that business ownership provides more satisfaction than being a “cog in the wheel” of a corporation. And the careful selection of a franchise type can better ensure that the quality of life of the business owner can be more closely aligned with their personal preferences regarding work hours, location, schedule flexibility and industry.
Another way corporate refugees are stacking the odds in their favor is by using the services of a franchise business coach. Business coaches can foster the confidence and leadership qualities needed to succeed on one’s own, provide an environment supportive to entrepreneurship, and minimize the uncertainties associated with transitioning to the New Career Economy model.
In brief, the New Career Economy is characterized by the following:
- Increased worker knowledge of overall economic factors which support increased individual efforts such as business ownership to ensure long-term security for themselves and their families;
- Increased entrepreneurial success leveraging the knowledge and experience of men and women leaving the corporate workplace.
- Business services sector increasing due to the need for individuals and companies aligning with business coaches;
- An increased desire for “personalization” of new businesses to the lifestyle , goals and needs of the business owner; and
- Increased diversity in the workplace characterized by the inclusion of women, minorities, veterans, the handicapped, and older workers in the workplace.