Do you think all franchises can benefit from a website and blog center?
Certainly the high quality, successful brands would want to highlight their pleased network of owners, but one has to remember that fewer than 25% of all franchisors even offer an “earnings claim” in their disclosure documents. That probably means that the other 75% are not very pleased with overall performance; not a very favorable testimony overall.
To be sure, there is a significant increase in the number of franchise blogs in general, and prospective franchisees are wise to search them out for commentary on the opportunities they are considering. I would however, add one caveat to this means of researching franchises, and that would be to take with a grain of salt the worst of comments when they are not backed up with facts. Probably all franchises have experienced some degree of failure and those disgruntled ex-franchisees can be very boisterous. Like anything else in life, verify before accepting.