I recently read a survey that stated more than diamonds, women wanted technological devices.
The fact that mothers wanted either of these immediately told me one thing: They hadn´t interviewed working mothers.
I believe our list would look a lot different. Here are the top five items that immediately come to mind when someone says, "What would you like?"
1. An uninterrupted stretch of sleep lasting at least 9 hours
2. Dinner that someone else has prepared and cleaned up
3. Twenty minutes of completely silence, in a row
4. A quick trip into the grocery store that doesn´t involve keeping one hand on a toddler who is ready to jump cart
5. A weekend that consists of the above mentioned items
Maybe after enjoying the items on my list I would feel at ease enough to sit down in my living room and enjoy a solid stretch of time staring at a beautiful new plasma television.
But probably not-I mean, when was the last time I actually sat down for a long stretch of time and actually watched television?!
Happy Friday, Working Mommies. Treat yourself well this weekend.