I was reviewing one of my co-bloggers recent blogs and felt it important enough to share with you. Lori Richardson also blogs for AllBusiness.com and has developed several strategies that salespeople need to integrate into their overall selling strategy for growing B2B business.
Here are Lori’s 10 strategies for growing your business when you provide services (and/or products) to other businesses: (note: if you sell to consumers, these apply too)
1. Get your value figured out — it is most important to your success
2. Decide who fits your model — who are your best prospective customers
3. Understand your strengths, and focus on them.
4. Focus on asset-based thinking rather than deficit-based thinking
5. Prospect to warm leads and more probable-prospective customers
6. Grow your alliance network like a big web, and nurture it often
7. Appreciate existing customers and learn from them
8. Create systems and tools to track revenues, profits, expenses, and other metrics
9. Get great at selling . . . overcome the “selling is bad” mindset
10. Creatively build products, services, and the business as a whole
Here’s a link to her latest strategy number Seven, “Appreciate existing customers and learn from them.”