OPEN from American Express has partnered with SCORE “Counselors to America’s Small Business” to create the “Small Business Speed Coaching Test Drive,” a multi-city seminar tour designed to support small business growth and trigger success through complimentary educational and mentorship programs.
The “Small Business Speed Coaching Test Drive” series offers small business owners exclusive, 30-minute, one-on-one evaluation sessions with experienced business coaches from SCORE, and interactive workshops focused on areas that directly affect small business growth, including strategic business planning, effective marketing and business finances.
“SCORE is bringing speed coaching to cities across America. Entrepreneurs can test drive our free services and discuss their greatest challenges with a seasoned business counselor,” says Ken Yancey, SCORE CEO. Yancey adds, “We are pleased to have the support of OPEN from American Express to host this national speed coaching tour, starting in Orlando, one of our nation’s most vibrant communities.”
More than 250 small business owners are expected to attend the seminar kick-off in Orlando, Fla. on Thursday, November 8 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Walt Disney Swan Hotel. Complimentary parking will be provided. Additional seminars will take place in Phoenix, Ariz.; Atlanta, Ga.; and Chicago, Ill. in 2008.
Featured topics and speakers of the series include:
- Building a Business Plan for Growth by Skip Honigstein, SCORE assistant district director. Honigstein held high-ranking leadership positions in the health care services industry during his 28-year career, which focused on strategic and financial planning, operations, budgets and turnarounds.
- Marketing Your Business by Jerry Ross, Disney National Entrepreneur Center executive director. Ross is an entrepreneur and business executive whose two decades of experience include leadership positions with major corporations and ownership of several successful companies in Central Florida.
- Success Stories, a Q&A-style workshop with established business owners.
- Following the Money by Jennifer Wybraniec, OPEN from American Express.
- Luncheon Keynote Speaker-Jacob Stuart, Orlando Regional Chamber of Commerce president. During his 20 years as president, Stuart has guided the chamber to a prestigious five-star accreditation from the Accrediting Board of the United States Chamber of Commerce. He has worked to provide lifelong learning opportunities for business and community leaders in Orlando.
In addition to meeting with a SCORE counselor at the event, attendees will learn about local SCORE chapter resources and can continue counseling sessions in the future. More information about the workshop is online at
www.score.org/OPEN_events.html. Registration is free and available on a first-come, first-serve basis at