There are so many things going on with QuickBooks these days, hence the reason for such a long wait from my last blog entry.
Let’s see…on August 24th, Steve Bennett, Intuit’s CEO and President
announced his resignation, effective at the end of the year. Brad
Smith, currently sniour VP and general manager of Intuit’s Small
Business Division will be taking his place. Read the article from WebCPA.com.
We’re also gearing up for the Annual QuickBooks event of they year, I mentioned this in a previous post. It’s the 2007 Sleeter Group Accounting Software Consulting Conference.
Every year at the conference they do the Awesome QuickBooks Add-Ons – “The Sleeter Group’s annual awards recognizing Awesome Add-ons for
QuickBooks. Each year Doug Sleeter picks a few of his favorite Awesome
QuickBooks Add on software programs. An annual favorite session you
will not want to miss.”
Also at the conference is the Intuit Acadamy with the following tracks…
- Top 5 Tips to Improve Your Profile on the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Referral Database
- Top 5 QuickBooks Tips and Techniques
- Setting up the Right Business Entity for Your QuickBooks Client
- Gaining Productivity Using Lacerte and QuickBooks Integration (SmartMap Demo)
- How to Prepare Client’s QuickBooks Files at Year End
- What’s new with Intuit Payroll
Also listed to go over is What’s new with QuickBooks 2008.
Bottom line – The Sleeter Group is THE premier QuickBooks group in the country, if you use QuickBooks to any extent at all, you should check them out, become a member, and if nothing else, make plans to attend the conference…if you do sign up, let them know that you read about it on here.
Will post more very soon…
Have a SUPER day!