I don’t know about you, but I’m sick and tired of hearing only bad news. I know we need to pay attention to what’s happening on the economic front to make sure our businesses remain successful, but all we hear is the bad news.
I know there’s some good news for small business owners out there. And I’m planning on finding it. I’ll share the good news in a new series of columns here at Just for Small Business. Here’s how you can help.
1. Send me your good news. Have you increased sales in the last three months? Did you launch a product or service that’s been a smashing success? Are you using marketing tactics that are particularly effective for your company? Have you diversified your offerings with great success?
2. Just zip me off an email to doberry [at] gmail.com with the subject “Small Business Success Story.” Or you can submit an email by using the contact option above this post. I’ll contact you with a few questions and if your story is a good fit, it will appear right here in my column.
Here are some success stories to motivate you.
- The Clerical Advantage – Tina Hilton is a survivor of the real estate melt down. In 2007 she was working for a local title company as a title processor. When the real estate market plummetted, the doors slammed shut on the company she was working for.
- Create Learning Team Building – Sometimes the right time to start your business comes along when you least expect it. That’s what happened to Michael Cardus who started his business in January 2007. He was working for a corporate conference center as their Director of Workforce Development and had an entreprenurial moment.
- Bogdon Box Bass – Chris Badynee says he doesn’t know much about being a small business owner, but I beg to differ. Badynee is a mailman by day and bass music lover the rest of the time. And he’s an accidental entrepreneur who did things the right way.
- Adventure Team Works – Brian Wilson who leads this organization says the biggest mistake you can make right now is to scale back your marketing. His story proves this theory.
- GoToBilling – If you identify your target market clearly, market it properly and provide services that help make small business owners’ lives easier, you could have the same success as this company.
- Self Starters Weekly Tips by Lynn Terry – Lynn Terry is proof that if you set goals, have loads of passion and determination, and take action, you can be successful.
- Your success story should be here! Just send me an email.