As most of you know, I don’t often recommend businesses in this column unless they meet the following criteria:
- They offer services or resources that directly benefit small businesses
- They offer a unique perspective or service
- They are worth telling other small business owners about.
City Central Janitorial meets all of these criteria and more. Launched over 13 years ago in Manhattan, this full service company has become the premier “green” janitorial and extermination service for not only growing firms but is widely regarded as the “go to” firm for many high-end/high-profile firms. Many of it’s clients include industry leaders like, The Food Network, College Sports Television and Crunch Gym. In addition, they are so well regarded in the business community that they’ve managed to land contracts (beating out more established competitors) with many local, state and federal government agencies while still working with many smaller less well known firms. Their secret formula for becoming a multi-million dollar firm is simple and is a lesson we can all do well to learn. Take care of your clients needs, offer a fair but competitive price and do a good job-the first time. Definitely rules to live by. In fact this mantra has made the firm so successful that owner and CEO-Dave Petcove, has launched City Central Janitorial-Florida.-located in the
This kind of forward thinking and cross promotion solidifies what I have been suggesting to my readers for years. Which is to not only to look for new markets outside of your immediate area but also develop these markets by utilizing superb cold calling and business development resources and working with people you can trust and depend on.
About the company
City Central Janitorial has been in business for over thirteen years employs, over 50 employees and currently performs all phases of janitorial services including:
· Restroom cleaning and disinfecting
· Trash gathering, collection, removal and recycling
· Stair and elevator cleaning
· Sweeping, mopping and polishing of floors
· Entrance, reception area and foyer cleaning
· Wipe and disinfect doorknobs, telephones and light switches
· Kitchen and lounge area cleaning including sinks, countertops, microwaves, toasters, and refrigerators
· Horizontal surface dusting
· Floor dusting, wet mop and machine scrubbing
· High dusting
· Stripping and refinishing
· Air condition vent cleaning
· Sanitizing all lavatory fixtures, sinks, partitions, walls, etc.
· Window washing and blind cleaning
· Cleaning of light fixtures, baseboards, millwork,
We also offer construction clean-up (extermination services coming soon to the
Some of our client’s include (references upon request):
US Federal Government Agencies,
NYC Government Agencies,
NY State Government Agencies,
The Food Network
College Sports Television
Major League Baseball
City Central Janitorial
I took several tips from my conversation with Mr. Petcove…
- Customer service still counts for something
- Clients will always go with the firm that takes care of them
- Always look for new markets and new ways to garner exposure for your firm. If no one knows you exist-Know one will do business with you.
Definitely keys to unlocking your success….