This year is beginning very differently for all of us. Not only will we have new leadership in our country — the result of a very unique campaign and message — but most of us are facing challenges we’ve never seen in a lifetime especially in the financial arena. But as I’ve said before, small business owners are a tough nut to crack. We’ll ignore the recession and pave our own way into the future.
So if you’re working on your “pavement,” it might be helpful to look at some potential small business trends for this year.
- The Top 10 Franchise Trends — The keywords this year for franchises are “cautious optimism.”
- Five Key Microbusiness Trends — Microbusinesses (fewer than 5 employees) will have a tougher time this year than they did during the 2002 – 2003 downturn.
- Top 10 Technology Trends — Just because your old computers still work doesn’t mean you shouldn’t embrace new technology.
- Top 10 Trends in Managing Small Business Finances — Small business owners will get more creative to help their businesses survive and thrive.
- Top 10 Small Business Marketing Trends — Integrating the social component into your business will be key.
- Top 10 Trends in Business Credit Cards — There’s good news and bad news on the credit card front.
- Top 10 Trends for Rural Small Business — There are some unique challenges to running a small business in a rural area or small town.
So there you have it. What do you think? Please leave a comment.