So, sell already. Retail consultant Barbara Crowhurst, in her May newsletter, offers up several tips on how to improve sales. Here are five:
1. If you don’t have one, get busy now and create an add-on sales program. “Place items at the cash desk,” Crowhurst says, “and teach your staff to show and sell these items to customers as they check out.”
2. Add feature displays through your store “with impulse best price product. Change these areas up every week with new items.”
3. Plan two to three promotional events every month. “No exception,” Crowhurst says.
4. E-blast your customers monthly with marketing messages.
5. Improve your signage and pricing messages to convey what your customers need to know in order to buy now.
What are you waiting for?