Most small business owners know it’s not a simple task to secure funding for their fantastic business idea whether the business offers the new hot technology of the moment or more traditional fare. This could be your answer.
RaiseCapital.com is a free online community where entrepreneurs and small business owners can showcase their business ideas and capital needs directly to a vast array of investors. The site creates an effective, wide reaching online exchange between entrepreneurs and financiers, allowing entrepreneurs to post their business ideas via text postings, photographs and streaming video to be accessed by registered venture capitalists (VCs), angel financiers, and other investors. RaiseCapital.com provides investors with comprehensive search options to locate the opportunities that interest them with ease, however, here are a few simple tips to ensure that your business gets noticed:
- Use clear and concise language in describing your business and requirements. Verbosity will obscure your chief objectives and turn investors off from you.
- Make absolutely certain that syntax, spelling and typography are perfect. Investors expect this basic level of professionalism on your part.
- Well written text is key, however, posting of pictures and videos provide added flavor and color to your post, which could make your business more attractive to potential financiers.
- The site is secure, but make sure you use common sense in order to avoid a possible scam. If someone who is making an initial contact asks you via email for personal information unrelated to your business, such as your personal bank information, your date of birth and social security number, you should be suspicious.
- To protect your original business idea, only reveal enough to get the investors interested. Once you have garnered interest from any investor, you should feel free to ask him or her to sign a confidentiality agreement.