Whether you are on the job hunt, or whether you are just looking for an extra way to make a little more money to pay down some debt, you might be looking for some quick cash. Coupon Sherpa has a list of 24 items that can be ways to earn money. However, some of them aren’t really that quick, including human egg donation (which can be time-consuming and invasive) and monetizing your blog (which can take a few weeks to get going as you build traffic). However, there were some other ideas that are more likely to yield faster results. Here are 6 of my favorite ways to earn some quick cash:
- Plasma donation: It’s not a ton of money, only $25 to $35 each time you go, but it is some fairly quick cash that you can get twice every seven days (that’s up to $70/week, depending on what the center in question pays). If you are frugal, and combine your grocery shopping with effective coupon use, your plasma donation can feed you and possibly your family.
- Clinical studies: Consider being a part of a clinical study for a cool $15 to $2,000. Of course, you might be putting yourself at risk, and you will need to live hear a medical school. But there are hundreds of clinical studies each year.
- Babysitting: If you plan to run a professional daycare, you’ll need proper licensing and accreditation. But, if you watch the neighbor kids a couple of times a week, all you need is patience and a reasonable rate. You can earn between $6 and $15 an hour, depending on how many kids you watch, and what agreement you make. You can also look at local Classifieds and Craigslist for parents looking for babysitters.
- Standing on the corner: Not like that. But during this time of year, you probably see people dressed up in costumes, attempting to lure clients in for tax preparers. And I see a guy on the corner waving a “Hot and Ready” sign every day at rush out. Look for these types of jobs that usually provide some quick cash, with weekly or bi-weekly payments.
- Sell your unwanted items: Round up the stuff you don’t want anymore, and have a yard sale. Or sell it online. Require payment through PayPal, and you can get your cash that much quicker.
- Dog walker: You can get paid for walking other people’s dogs. Check around to see what local rates are. It keeps the dogs happy, and you can get some exercise while getting some quick cash.