Is it time for us to meet? Then you should attend the GrowSmartBiz conference scheduled for September 29, 2009 in Washington DC. I’m thrilled to be speaking at this one day event that will feature a packed day full of advice for your small business. Here’s the conference agenda.
- Driving Small Business Performance with Marketing & Innovation – Join entrepreneurs from all over North America as they share their marketing tips, tricks and secrets. Learn how smallbusiness marketing experts developed and executed their marketingstrategies, and overcame obstacles by focusing on innovation.
- Raising Capital with Effective Finance Strategies Financing – Your dream is a major – and constant – struggle for small business owners, but also the most critical piece for achieving long term success, according to the Small Business Success Index. Hear from a panel of cash flow experts, including representatives from large and local banking companies, as they discuss what small business owners and entrepreneurs can do to raise the capital they need.
- Getting Ahead in the Current Economy – Trying to grow your business despite the economic downturn? In a crowded marketplace, why should consumers pick you? Learn what these small business experts are doing to differentiate themselves, cut costs, and find creative ways to thrive during a recession.
- TBD – Attendees decide! The GrowSmartBiz Conference was made for you, so we decided to let you determine the session topic for this panel.
- Integrating Traditional Marketing with Social Media – Heard about Facebook but you’re not sure how to use it to grow your business? Meet a panel of small business owners that credit part of their business success to social media marketing. Learn which tools, i.e. social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, worked for them and how to implement a social media strategy that will grow and promote your business.
Sounds pretty cool, huh? Here’s what you’ll leave the conference with:
- Insights into best practices of successful small businesses
- Proven strategies for business growth despite the current economy
- Executable, cost-effective ways to market and promote their businesses
- Knowledge of what banks believe is the key to securing small business financing
- Actionable ideas for integrating and leveraging social media into existing marketing and communications efforts
And there’s a great line up of speakers who will be sharing tips and tools that you can put into action in your business. The keynote speaker is Chris Anderson, editor-in-chief of Wired magazine and author of The Long Tail and Free: The past and Future of a Radical Price. Chris will explain why Free is the future of business and how to thrive through freeconomics — what business models look like when free has emerged as a full-fledge economy. You’ll also recognize speaker Anita Campbell of Small Business Trends and Ramon Ray of Small Biz Technology (from right here at AB!) along with an amazing line up of small business owners and experts.
Want a chance at a free pass? From now until September 21, 2009, the GrowSmartBiz Conference is running a “Success Story” contest. One winner each week will receive one free admission to the conference. To enter, share your 500-word maximum success story, including the challenges you’ve faced and innovative ways you’ve overcome those challenges. You can find the specifics about the contest here.