I’ve covered a lot of tactics in this series about online promotion:
Online Promotion Tips: How to Get the Word Out
Online Promotion Tips: Go Offline with a TeleSeminar
Online Promotion Tips: Use Facebook
Online Promotion Tips: Use Twitter
Online Promotion Tips: Use a Survey
The final tactic we used to attract people to our Law of Action program is this: we answered their questions!
As mentioned, we did a free teleseminar as a lead generator. The system
we use to host, record and deliver our teleseminars is InstantTeleseminar.
One of the brilliant features of InstantTeleseminar is the ability
for participants to submit questions in real time via a web-based
During the course of the teleseminar, dozens of questions were
submitted. Rather than spending hours on the call answering every
question, we chose to answer them in a series of blog posts.
Many questions were similar so we determined the most relevant and
wrote blog posts with answers over the course of about a week. Each
posted ended with a link to register for the Law of Action program.
To make sure participants were aware of the blog posts, we sent a couple of reminder emails with links to the relevant posts.
There are many reasons to take this approach:
- You are responsive to your prospects and they get their needs met
- You demonstrate your expertise and build credibility and trust with your prospects
- You create new content for your blog
- You can create a series that can be repurposed in many other ways: articles, ebooks, more teleseminars
- You are marketing your product, service or class by providing valuable content that gives prospects a taste of what to expect
One thing I should have done, but didn’t, is set up tracking links
to see which blog posts attracted people to register. So many details,
that one dropped through the cracks.
Now, my question for you is: based on all you’ve read here
about what we did to promote a 4 week program, what would you have done
differently or added to the marketing mix??? Click the comments link
below and let us know!