Introduction: Law firms, accounting practices, banks, technology startups: Any company that produces documents also needs to organize those documents in a way that makes them easy to access and search. But paper documents can be expensive to store and even more costly to retrieve if you’re looking for just the right piece of information. That’s why document management software is good for small and midsized businesses, to more easily capture, organize, and retrieve documents.
Are you sick of sharing your office with hundreds of boxes filled with old files and documents? Some of the biggest benefits of document management software are reclaimed office space and reduced file storage costs.
What Is This Solution?
The process is simple and straightforward. Documents are scanned and converted into fully searchable PDF files and then stored in user-defined folders on a network. The images of each document are compressed and sent to the network server or an offsite storage facility. The result is instant document access, anytime and anywhere. Access is enabled via password-protected software.
What Are the Benefits of This Solution
DocuLex is one software company whose products provide document management, content management, records retention, and collaboration:
- Goby Capture: This product scans documents into the system while processing the text of each document into a PDF. Goby Capture facilitates the document’s paper-to-electronic conversion.
- Office Capture: This desktop application allows you to scan your documents and then enter descriptions for quick and easy retrieval at a later date.
- WebSearch: This is a simple Web-based program that enables secure and instant document access from any location. It’s as convenient and easy to use as an Internet search engine.
By managing both scanned paper and electronic files in a searchable electronic library, you can improve efficiency and boost employee productivity. In short, you can make better and faster decisions when information is at your fingertips.
CHECKLIST: When Is This Solution Right for Your Company?
So how do you know if document management software is right for you? Here are some questions to consider:
- Are you spending too much money storing your paper documents at an offsite location?
- Do you have trouble accessing the documents you need, when you need them?
- Are you hurting your business due to misfiled or lost documents?
- Do you believe your productivity would increase if you could electronically share and distribute documents, both internally and with authorized third parties?
- Are you operating with limited IT resources yet still want the benefits of electronic document management?
If you answer yes to several of these questions, document management software could be the solution.