Overcoming the Fear of Self-Promotion
Wednesday, January 18, 2006, 8:30 p.m. ET
Guest Expert: C.J. Hayden, author, Get Clients Now
What is it that makes you hesitate to broadcast your accomplishments and capabilities? Reluctance to promote yourself holds you back from achieving personal fulfillment and financial success. You can vanquish this fear and learn to promote yourself effectively! Here’s what you will learn:
- How to overcome your resistance to marketing and selling
- The seven basic fears of self-promotion and how to manage them
- What to do when fear masquerades as procrastination and avoidance
- Strategies for reprogramming your inner critic
- Three powerful ways to tell people about your capabilities without bragging or selling
- How to promote yourself with an attitude that serves you instead of sabotaging you
C.J. Hayden is the best-selling author of Get Clients Now!and the new Get Hired Now! C.J. is a Master Certified Coach who has taught thousands of coaches and other self-employed professionals to make a better living doing what they love. She works with clients one-on-one, and leads workshops and teleclasses internationally. You can read her articles on marketing in more magazines and web sites than she can keep track of. Find out more about C.J. Hayden.
Conversations with Experts is sponsored by Build a Better Blog System.