Selecting the greatest advertising campaigns is no easy task – much less limiting such a list to a meager 15. The truly great advertisements become part of pop culture. They put companies and advertising agencies on the map. Just the mention of the campaigns can prompt a stroll down memory lane…and to the store, the companies hope.
7. Pepsi-Cola, “The Pepsi generation”, BBDO, 1964
8. Budweiser, “This Bud’s for you”, D’Arcy Masius Benton & Bowles (acquired by Publicis and shut down in 2002), 1970s
11. AT&T, “Reach out and touch someone”, N.W. Ayer & Son (acquired by Publicis and closed in 2002), 1979
12. Wendy’s, “Where’s the beef?”, Dancer Fitzgerald Sample (acquired by Saatchi & Saatchi), 1984
14. California Milk Processor Board, “Got Milk?”, Goodby Silverstein & Partners (owned by Omnicom), 1993