It’s become so vogue to be a work at home small business owner. And I’m glad about that since small businesses no longer have to play the “smoke and mirrors” game to look like they are bigger than they are.
But we do want to look like business professionals no matter where we are according to a new survey by Ring Central whether we are working from the road, home office or even on vacation. Here’s what the survey said:
- 80% want to give the impression to their clients that they are in the office when they are calling from outside the office.
- 15% of small businesses currently have an office set up where all employees work from the same physical location.
- 39%, have virtual, distributed office models today.
- 45% spend more than 3/4 of their time conducting business out of the office.
- Of the 67% of business owners who stated that they are expanding their business in the next year, 57% said they would adopt a virtual, distributed office model in 2010.
Interesting, don’t you think? Today’s technology makes it even easier for us to conduct business where ever we are. That’s a good and bad thing. 🙂
And if you’re looking for a tool to help you with that flexibility, I’m a huge fan of RingCentral and have been a customer for quite some time. Take a minute to hop over and read my RingCentral Review.