For small businesses that want to make smart decisions about
their search marketing strategy based on research and case studies,
then check out Marketing Sherpa’s new Search Marketing Guide for 2009 which is hot of the press.
The Executive Summary provides a good overview of the 5 sections of the guide including:
- Budgeting and Search – Need to better understand budgeting in a down economy? This section is for you and it also shows differences by industry.
- Tactics of Search – Learn about local and mobile
as well as using search marketing as a branding tool.
- Search Providers Explored – Discover search outside of the Googleverse (like in China) as well as vertically specific search.
- Measuring and Testing – Search growth may be slowing but with the right measurment and testing, companies are experiencing very productive search marketing results.
- Search Benchmarks – A newly updated list of all the fundamental metrics of search marketing.
Besides the articles and case studies, MarketingSherpa conducted a search marketing survey and also includes reports
from 50 credible 3rd party sources, much if it exclusive to this report. The Search Marketing Benchmark guide is well illustrated too, with tables, charts, graphs and
you’re a small business marketer trying to figure out how to squeeze the most out your search marketing budget, then the Search Marketing Benchmark Guide may be one of the best investments you make this year ($397).