I’ve gone back into the Management Craft archive, to posts from February 2005. Here’s one called, The New, More Sensual, Style of Management. Enjoy.
When I talk to great managers (I call them High Impact), one of the attribuites that distinguishes them is that they are connected to their work and the people with which they work. Connected in an emotional and physical way.
When I am at the top of my game as a leader and manager, it is a very
sensual experience. The work is stimulating. Don’t you find this to be
There´s regular and then there´s high-test.
There´s coffee and then there´s a triple shot.
There´s sports cars and then there´s a Ferrari Enzo.
There´s management, and then there´s Sensual Management.
Some of the tasks are the same, but the energy and passion with which they are executed is supreme.
Here is a diagram of Sensual Management:
What does it take to experience Sensual Management?
1. Get in the game – get excited about your work and the possibility of contributing in a big way.
2. Change the context – the pace and energy of the workplace needs to reflect electricity.
3. Establish compelling and meaningful goals that everyone can get excited about.
4. Start talking – having great dialogue.
5. Be actively engaged – physically and mentally – with people and tasks.
Make TODAY a Sensual Management day!