As we head into Thanksgiving and the Holiday season, I thought I would offer a Top 10 List aimed at helping you better enjoy the holidays and your work.
10. Enjoy. Take the initiative to have fun.
9. Plan. Upfront planning is time well spent.
8. Purpose. What´s important? Don´t forget the real purpose of things.
7. Individuality. Encourage others to express their beliefs, even when they are different than yours.
6. Feed yourself. You need to take care of yourself in order to best care for others.
5. Don´t sweat it. Keep your stress and frustration in check, particularly when reacting to things that really don´t matter.
4. Ambrosia. Appreciate the sounds, smells, and tastes around you.
3. Community. Take comfort in and enjoy the people you care about.
2. Limits. While it might make sense in the moment, we almost always regret overextending ourselves.
1. Small is big. When giving, the smallest things mean the most. People love hand-made and personal touches.
Bonus: If you don’t get what you want, buy it for yourself as a New Year’s Resolution kick-off gift!