What is one chunk of time EVERY sales team (or individual) needs to be successful in selling? Dedicated O.C. time, or outbound calling time. To really make some gains, have an O.C.D. – an outbound calling day. To do this you need to be organized, armed, and ready. Don’t let anything (barring a client emergency) get in the way of its success.
Why? Because regular, consistent, dedicated Outbound Calling time leads to an incredible pipeline full of potentially qualified opportunities. If you know who your more probable prospective customers are – in other words, you know what their characteristics are, and you have a compelling message – all you need is to find the prospective customers more likely to do business with you.
I know this is easier said than done – but it is not mysterious, as some would say about professional selling. The trick is to know what companies or individuals are more probable to buy, and that can be easily attained through knowing what your prospect’s lead measurement is. More on that later.
For now – be prepared for your Outbound Calling sessions. Consider the following points:
1. Do you have a comfortable area to work in?
2. Do you have a list, or lists, of companies with probable prospects to call on?
3. Do you have bullet points, or a script, for when you make contact? (note: bulleted ooints work better than a stiff script when talking to people by phone)
4. Do you have a mirror to see if you are smiling while calling? (yes, I’m serious) Use a CD if you have one – just periodically check yourself to see if you are light and upbeat, because it shows through the phone.
5. Do you have other people to do this with? Working in teams is the MOST effective way to go.
Block out 3 hour segments – or do a full day if you are way behind. Outbound calls only – nothing else during this time. You can catch up with other things later.
This is a solid, guaranteed way to get more prospects in your pipeline – more on this later in the week.