Sellers everywhere – you are confusing your prospective customers and clients!
Take this quiz and decide for yourself:
1. Do you have a very clear value – can people easily see how you are different from your “industry counterparts” AKA “the competition”?
2. Is this message in all of your materials – website, brochures, signeage, etc?
3. Do you have easy ways for people to get involved with you – in other words, if you sell high-end consulting, do you have a smaller purchase opportunity, or trial offer first, to build trust?
4. Are people confused about which option to purchase? (example: PDAs still have a large percentage of Baby boomers yet to purchase – I believe because the options are many and value is skewed for many.)
5. Do you regularly do follow up if someone is stalled in their decision? Are you asking compelling questions so you are of help?
6. Does your attitude and body language show that you are an agent of change….. for the better?
Remember to keep it simple. People need it to be easy to buy right away. While we all do buy on emotion, we justify it rationally so when you can lay out the case for your services, and the value makes sense – you are much closer to a new client.