by Jared McCarthy
Developing a great logo is a strange mix of art, science, psychology and (in most cases) a good amount of luck.
In this, the first of this two-part series, we’ll
* Explain what a logo really is
* Offer a word of caution and ask a few questions you’ll need to answer before you start
* Suggest how to start the process
* Advise on shape, style and color selection
Next week, in the second installment, you’ll learn
* The pitfalls of literal translation
* That size does matter
* How to choose the right logo
* How to protect your rights ”
– This is a great article on the art and science of creating logos. I highly recommend that you read both parts. I just participated in the design of a logo for a new company and we actually did a pretty good job (purely luck, I can assure you) in designing the logo. I does feel good to know that we were on the right track.” -ed.