Just a quick update for those interested in the localism.org project. I’ve been pretty pleased with the offers of support I’ve gotten so far, especially considering we’re in the middle of the holidays and a lot of folks aren’t messing around online.
I’ve got to extend serious thanks to the folks that have jumped in so far:
- Marc Orchant, of the Office Weblog, Marc’s Outlook on Productivity
- Jeremy C. Wright of Ensight, Insideblogging and more…
- Bill Flitter of Pheedo (BIG thanks to Pheedo for the offer to help with the advertising component!)
- Hans Henrik of, well, Hans Henrik’s blog!
- Darren Rowse of Problogger, Digital Photography Blog and more…
There’s still plenty of opportunity to be involved with the project, so don’t be shy! The highest priorities right now are finding help with the non-profit incorporation and finding webhost space and an appropriate blog platform. If you know any attorneys understand would understand what’s happening here and who might lend their expertise to the project, send ’em our way. If you know anyone at Sixapart, send ’em our way. If you run a webhost, would you be interested in donating space/bandwidth to the project?
If you know any folks who might take an interest in the project, send ’em the link to the original post.